We are often asked about the best proposal ideas.
Is there a checklist of what is not to be forgotten before proposing, and what are the things you have to think about before popping a question? Especially if you want to propose away from home, on a holiday.
- The date and the plan. It is important to start preparing something 8-12 weeks ahead. Even if you don’t plan to do it with us, you will need to make sure that the ring, the weather, the atmosphere and everything else is just right, so allow yourself enough time to think about all the details and don’t rush it. Hopefully you will only get to do this once… Also, it’s nice to remember the date you proposed and a memorable anniversary is always a good idea.
- The ring. Yes, you do need it – so that the proposal does not look spontaneous, especially when the question is popped in a naturally romantic vacation environment. If you’re flying, take the ring on the carry-on luggage, just in case your suitcase is lost. Avoid putting it in with other jewelry that could potentially damage the stone or metal, and be sure to keep it in a dust-free, lint-free bag or box to keep it looking its best until the critical moment.
- Make it unique! Destination proposals are always amazing, but think outside the tourist box when it comes to location. Hidden caves, waterfalls, and mountaintops make for a truly once-in-a-lifetime marriage proposal. Speak to us about the amazing and naturally beautiful spots around Fethiye.
- The attire. If the destination is to be a surprise, make sure your partner brings the proper clothing. Even if you don’t want to tell the location, give an estimate of the weather and activities to dress for. (Hint: A special date night!)
- The family. Consider including your families and/or friends on the trip! If that isn’t possible, or if you would prefer privacy, make sure to propose in a location with mobile signal service or Wi-Fi so that loved ones can still feel included.
- The champagne – not everyone likes it! Maybe you want to have mojitos, because that’s what you had the first night you kissed. Maybe you want to have beer, because your proposal will happen aboard a yacht on a hot afternoon. It’s fine, but plan it. Speak to us about arranging yours or your loved one’s favourite drink, picnic, or a special dinner.
- The video and the pictures. Being filmed while you propose may not be something that puts you at ease in all probability, however it will be nice, years later, to look back at the younger version of the two of you.
- The speech. Rehearse it, try to be ready and know what you want to say. Yes, there are things you told your lover before, yes, things you can tell later, but your partner will remember what you say during this precious moment. So have something else to say besides “Will you marry me?” if possible!
- The surprise. Don’t get caught, please! It’s very easy to get excited, leave browsing windows open, talk to too many friends about it… Try to act as normal as possible and it might be best to leave the ring at someone else’s house too. Don’t let your partner to find out, it happens more often than you think!
- Need more tips? do read more about marriage proposal ideas, and get in touch with us, as when we put our heads together, combining our creative thinking and adding the personalities of your partner and yourself – that is when the truly ideal proposal is born, which is bound to inspire and enthusiastic ‘Yes!’ And did you know that there are even competitions for the perfect marriage proposals?